Location: Placerville, California
Department: Direct Operations
At Yaymaker, we’re in the business of making people happy—how many companies can say that? Our employees love being part of a growing, profitable company that inspires creative thinking, encourages collaboration, and believes that every employee has the power to make an impact. As a constantly evolving company, your job description is dynamic –offering our employees exponential opportunities for professional growth.
At our creative experiences, Co-Hosts work alongside our Entertainers to deliver a memorable customer experience. As a Co-Host you are an extension of our brand; it is your responsibility to engage our guests and create a party where people come together to escape the expected and share in fun, creative experiences.
- Work alongside Entertainers to ensure the successful execution of creative experiences.
- Run the logistics of the event so Entertainers can focus on hosting/teaching. Use provided supplies to set up the room and guest stations prior to the event, check guests in as they arrive, and clean up the room so it is left as pristine as when you arrived.
- Provide excellent customer service, doing everything possible to make guests’ night even more fun. Maintain positive relationships with our contacts at the venues by representing our brand.
- Work events for high priority groups such as corporate clients and private fundraisers, presenting a delightful and professional presence as our on-site company representative. These events may require a larger time commitment or additional effort to make sure clients have a superb experience with Yaymaker.
- Do basic inventory of supplies and communicate back to management if anything needs attention.
- Take photos of guests throughout the event to help make it even more memorable and worth sharing with friends.
- Submit monthly work availability in our scheduling system for:
- at least 3 events per week
- at least 2 Saturdays per month
- A fun, outgoing personality and a “show must go on” attitude! Your presence should positively add to the overall customer experience, so as a “social butterfly” you need to be comfortable interacting with groups of 30-50.
- Willingness to lift and move items. This may require moving tables and chairs into position as well as lifting bins filled with supplies.
- Comfort with technology; we use an online application for scheduling and you will need to use our website on your mobile device to check customers in.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Ability to work the expected duration of the assigned event (or as we call it, an “experience”)
Note: Length of time at events may vary. Listed below are the approximate work hours per event type:
Approx. Length of Shift
Setting up and cleaning up events involves some physical tasks, so you must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds. You may need to push or pull supplies, tables, and chairs. You will also be required to stand for at least 4 hours.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!