Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Direct Operations
Yaymaker, from the creators of Paint Nite, hosts locally crafted events in 1,500 cities all over North America. By partnering with thousands of like-minded entrepreneurs and artists, Yaymaker gets people up, out & making at bars & restaurants in their neighborhood. Our one-of-a-kind experiences include the Original Paint Nite, Plant Nite, Design-A Sign, Flower Workshop, and Candle Maker, with more on the way. Give your week something to shout about.
We are looking to hire a Warehouse Manager to manage the inventory and supply ordering needs to support our Direct Operations and local partner business. In this role, you will be responsible for reviewing and understanding the upcoming direct operations events schedule to proactively identify supply requirements and ensure supplies for every event are delivered on-time and to the correct location. Oversee orders placed by Local Partners from across the US and Canada to ensure they are fulfilled properly. Assist New Experiences in sourcing supplies for new experience type events. Will report to the Director of Supply Chain and Operations.
- Organize supply delivery schedule for events in the Greater Boston and Rhode Island as well as other direct operations territories as needed (NY, NY and Sacramento, CA)
- Work directly with our Boston General Manager to constantly improve our supply ordering process and costs to reduce time and improve our profitability.
- Source supplies for unique events where we don’t have an established vendor/source.
- Purchase new supply kits for new experiences to support our direct business markets.
- Pack kits to be delivered to the greater Boston area on a daily basis. Maintain inventory levels in remote storage units routinely.
- Receive supplies order and organize all received supplies in the warehouse.
- Create and maintain an organized warehouse environment
- Respond to any inquiries re: supply from our hosts on evenings/weekends during event time, to ensure events run smoothly and customers are never impacted by a supply issue
- Oversee a team of part time drivers that deliver event supplies, and re-stock remote storage units.
- Conduct daily inventory (tracking received items and disbursed items), as well as coordinate a monthly inventory review of all of our storage units. Operate on the Netsuite platform and coordinate with accounting on best practices. Institute a cycle count process to alleviate monthly full inventory counts.
- Fulfill orders submitted by our Local Partner platform for in-house branded items and respond to any inquiries around those orders.
- Work with New Experience department to source supplies for new experiences.
- Must be able to lift a significant amount of weight (50+ lbs)
Qualifications & requirements:
- 3+ years in warehouse/inventory management
- Computer literacy
- Detail oriented
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Team player
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
- Ability to lift 4 lbs. constantly; lift maximum 8 lbs. occasionally; kneel or squat frequently; push or pull 50 lbs. over 200 ft. occasionally; stand for extended periods of time; climb ladders occasionally; frequently climb and descend stairs (depending on location)
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!