Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Partner Operations
Yaymaker, from the creators of Paint Nite, hosts locally crafted events in 1,500 cities all over North America. By partnering with thousands of like-minded entrepreneurs and artists, Yaymaker gets people up, out & making at bars & restaurants in their neighborhood. Our one-of-a-kind experiences include the Original Paint Nite, Plant Nite, Design-A Sign, Flower Workshop, and Candle Maker, with more on the way. Give your week something to shout about!
We are looking for a Relationship Manager to join our internal Partner Operations Team and support our Yaymaker partners (small business owners licensed to run their own personal Yaymaker business in their local markets) in their daily operations, market growth, and profitability on the Yaymaker platform. Your support and guidance will touch every aspect of our business, from scheduling, to training, to business operations. At your core, you thrive by forging relationships with partners and helping them to be successful.
- Oversee a region in the United States/Canada, and work with the partners in that region to drive personal and business growth.
- Support Yaymaker partners on a broad scope of problem solving tasks, ranging from local marketing, staff training, identifying key success metrics, etc.
- Facilitate the onboarding for new partners who join the platform and schedule continuous check-ins to ensure they reach appropriate milestones in the partner journey and are set up for success
- Build effective relationships with the partners you are supporting and have a clear understanding of their goals, intentions, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Add caring and knowledge into the partners’ everyday business activities and support their business needs on a day to day basis.
- Collaborate with others on the Partner Operations Team to help our partners execute successful creative experiences and effectively communicate our Brand’s value to consumers across the country (and around the world!)
- Analyze relevant market data and offer strategic recommendations to the partners you support to optimize their business and profitability.
- Work closely with the other functions of our Partner Operations Team, as well as with other departments to resolve challenges our partners are facing, and to constantly improve upon our systems, processes, and resources.
- Occasionally travel to see the partners you support within your region, and gain a better understanding their markets.
- At least 2-3 years of relationship management, client success, and/or customer service experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and team management skills
- Ability to be self-directed and a natural creative problem-solver
- Ability to analyze and track data and report on progress of programs and content
- Thinks outside-the-box to develop news ways to engage a community
- A true team player attitude; adept at working with multiple people at any given time
- Agility in multi-tasking; you are able to shift tasks and priorities
- A knack for constantly looking for ways to make things work more efficiently
- A friendly and resilient personality; you often find a way to laugh when things get stressful
- Ability to think critically and identify root causes for business challenges
- Strong computer skills (know your way around Microsoft Office, Google Drive, etc.)
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills, especially on the phone or in person.
Extra bonus points if you:
- Have experience working with small business owners, bars/restaurants, or managing territories
- Your friends describe you as tenacious, agile, fun, and curious
- You have experience managing a team
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!