Customer Service Representative
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Customer Service
- Craft quality and efficient responses to customers with some sprinkles of finesse and tender loving care
- Organize applicable information, coordinate with the team at HO, and provide a plethora of resources to our customer’s needs
- Respond to all contacts within the Team’s service level agreements (SLAs) via email, live chat, social media, and phone
- Have a flexible schedule to meet team SLAs - weekend and evening availability
- Stay up to date on customer communications within the organization
- Contribute to smaller projects to benefit the customer experience and increase Customer Service communications within other departments
- Pivot based on the needs of the department and customers
- Excellent written communication skills
- Completely reliable internet service (if working from home at any time) as your performance will be results driven
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Gmail, and Google Drive
- Zendesk knowledge and social media experience a plus
- Skilled at managing your time, coaching others, and working independently
- Excited to work with a young and continually growing company
- Incredibly organized with a superb attention to detail and confident with your computer skills
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, even under pressure, and remain flexible and efficient
- A true team player; able to see the whole picture of any given problem
- Constantly looking for ways to make things work more efficiently (detective work!)
- Friendly through the core. You often find a way to laugh when things get stressful.
- Able to see through the question being asked to the actual problem a user is having
- Proactive using a variety of resources to resolve challenges, even when you don't know the answer
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!