Senior Relationship Manager
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Partner Operations
Yaymaker, from the creators of Paint Nite, hosts locally crafted events in 1,500 cities all over North America. By partnering with thousands of like-minded entrepreneurs and artists, Yaymaker gets people up, out & making at bars & restaurants in their neighborhood. Our one-of-a-kind experiences include the Original Paint Nite, Plant Nite, Design-A Sign, Flower Workshop, and Candle Maker, with more on the way. Give your week something to shout about!
The Sr Relationship Manager lead market growth for their areas as well as manage relationships with local partners to drive revenue growth and success. You will be measured on the success of each market as well as increasing our partners’ engagement and delivery against business goals and objectives. You will collaborate with other team members to address obstacles/challenges that may be affecting the community or platform and advocate for their needs. Your goal will be to support the local partners in driving growth through a combination of analytics, strong process/operations and top-notch relationships.
- Grow your markets via driving success for your partners
- Build relationships and credibility with local partners to help improve their businesses and overall business
- Drive growth across local partners using insights, analysis and data on performance and market metrics.
- Partner across the organization on recruiting, training, onboarding and internal operations group to maximize overall team results. Partner with cross functional teams to drive change and improvements in tools or the local partners.
- Partner with the Community Response Team who will engage in daily ongoing communications and relationship building with the local partner community.
- Use partner insights to determine process improvements and recommend viable business solutions to better improve success of local partners
- Analyze relevant market data and offer strategic recommendations to the Local Partners you support to optimize their business and profitability.
- Occasionally travel to see the Local Partners you support in their local markets to gain a better understanding of their markets.
- Drive the cross-functional collaboration of engaging & relevant content and provide feedback for the “Unite the Nite” annual conference, as well as champion the distribution of the information communicated during this conference to all local partners across the platform.
- Provide thought leadership to local partners and internally cross-functionally: insights on new services / products.
- A spirit of continuous improvement which embraces an orientation to service and relationship management
- Ability to be adaptable and resilient; can assimilate across different environments and move forward from through challenges
- An ability to develop solid partner relationships
- Ability to evaluate all aspects of a situation before taking action, draw appropriate conclusions from data and take relevant and impactful actions.
- Strong writing, oral communication, and presentation skills
- An ability to multi-task, and prioritize action items
- Ability to master and maintain a working knowledge of the clients’ business, competition, consumer and industry trends
- 5+ years of experience in related roles, including but not limited to roles such as client services, customer success, account management, or partner relationship management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!