Inside Sales Representative
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Private Events
Yaymaker, from the creators of Paint Nite, hosts locally crafted events in 1,500 cities all over North America. By partnering with thousands of like-minded entrepreneurs and artists, Yaymaker gets people up, out & making at bars & restaurants in their neighborhood. Our one-of-a-kind experiences include the Original Paint Nite, Plant Nite, Design-A Sign, Flower Workshop, and Candle Maker, with more on the way. Give your week something to shout about!
The Yaymaker Private Events Team is recreating the concepts of Team Buildings, Girls Nights Out and Fundraising. As an Inside Sales Representative on this team, you will report to the VP of Private Events, and your role will be a mixture of qualifying inbound leads, prospecting new leads, and reactivating prior customers, using a consultative sales approach in all cases to inspire individuals and organizations across the US and Canada and get them excited about hosting a Private, Corporate, or Fundraiser event with us.
Once you’ve brought the customer to “yes”, you will hand them over to one of our Event Specialists who will organize the details (date/time/place/host) with the client.
Compensation for this position is a combination of base salary plus commission contingent upon hitting specific revenue-based targets.
Who will love this job?
- A clear communicator who can easily build rapport through conversation and concisely articulate the value of Yaymaker’s unique experiences.
- A proactive hunter who is driven to achieve goals, both personal and professional.
- A collaborator who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- An organized executor who is detail-oriented and uses data to understand market & sales effectiveness.
- Drive private event sales revenue by converting inbound sales leads
- Regularly reach out to potential new customers to continually build pipeline of new customers and offer new events
- Effectively engage existing clients to participate in subsequent events
- Collaborate with internal partners on event delivery and process to ensure high quality events
- Maintain internal CRM of current and future clients
- Provide feedback on opportunities and areas for development
- Balance high volume with exceptional service, prioritizing effectively
- Meet sales goals as assigned
A successful candidate will possess the following:
- 2+ years of related sales experience
- Prior experience in hospitality/service/event/catering industry preferred
- Sales skills, including experience with prospecting, cold calls, and closing sales
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work cross-functionally effectively
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!