Paint Nite: Complete Painting Landscapes from Photographs COURSE (6 sessions)
The Original Paint Nite: Unleash your inner artist
Do you have a whole bunch of photographs lying around that you would LOVE to paint but you don't know where to start? This course is for you!
You don't have to be an advanced artist to take this class but some painting experience would be helpful (e.g. a couple of Paint Nites).
The course will consist of six 2.5-hour sessions. In case you miss a day, each session is going to be recorded and will be available for viewing for a month after the course ends.
We will cover main topics that you need to know to paint your very own landscapes from photo references:
- Drawing for painting basics.
- Composition and painting design.
- Colour theory.
- Lights and shadows theory.
- Depiction of common landscape elements (water bodies, trees, clouds, etc.)
- Complete painting process, from idea to a finished piece.
- Criteria for choosing the best photo-reference.
- How to critique your own painting.
You will need YOUR OWN SUPPLIES:
- 5-10 photo references to choose from
- A few sheets of copy paper,
- A pencil,
- An eraser,
- A ruler,
- A canvas pad OR a pad of heavy (!) paper (at least 300 gsm/140 lbs, i.e. cardboard weight: either mixed-media, printing, bristol or cheap watercolor paper)
- A canvas for a final painting
- Acrylic paint ( white, black, red (magenta, quinacridone red or bright red), yellow and blue (Phthalocyanine blue is best overall, but if you can afford)
- A paper plate (or a piece of plastic/cardboard)
- A water cup
- A variety of brushes ( I recommend a large flat brush , a medium square brush (it's called a "bright") and a small detail brush)
- Paper towels
You will also need to install ZOOM prior to the event. You will get a one time link to access the event. You can log on up to 1/2 hour prior to the event start.
I am looking forward to painting with you!
You may reschedule or cancel tickets up to 8 hours before the event starts. Read our reschedule policy here.
Are you tired of Netflix? Let's get creative! Our events are fun, relaxed and jam-packed with various painting tips and tricks. Yo...
Events like this
- Only 10 Tickets Left!
- sold out
- Only 1 Ticket Left!