Fruit galette with olive oil crust
Fruit galettes are a wonderful summer dessert, easy and pretty. A galette is basically a free-form pie, with fruit in the middle and the edges of the crust folded in. We would make an olive oil dough that is light, crumbly, delicious. And also makes this a vegan galette. Between the crust and the fruit, there is a layer of almond frangipane to make it even more scrumptious.
Serve it warm with a dollop of ice -or nice- cream for maximum pleasure.
The dough can be made by hand or with a food processor and needs to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge.
For fruit, you can use berries, apricots, peaches, plums, cherries. In the picture, apricot galette.
for the galette dough
- 150 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 50-60 ml (¼ cup) cold water, you might not use it all
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- ½ Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar + more to sprinkle on the fruit and galette border
- a grating of lemon or orange zest, optional
- about 1/12 - 2 cups of fruit
Hi, my name is Loreto. My wife Nicoletta and I are food bloggers and our website is Sugarlovespices. It is here that we love to inspire p...