Classic Italian Carbonara Pasta
Carbonara is one of the most delicious Italian pasta dishes from the city of Rome. It is also one of the most controversial and talked about. There are so many versions going around, but indeed the Romans are quite strict with its ingredients. The end result is a luxurious pasta with an egg sauce that can be compared to a savory sabayon, made of eggs, and a mix of Pecorino and Parmigiano. The crispy guanciale adds a delightful crunch and a welcomed saltiness.
We are sure once you try this classic version, you will want to go back time and again.
Ingredients for a Carbonara for 2:
- 180 g pasta (rigatoni, elicoidali, spaghetti, mezze maniche)
- 90 g guanciale, slivered or cubed (we highly suggest you try to find it, if not, pancetta is a good substitute)
- 2 egg yolks + 1 whole egg
- freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g Pecorino + 25 g Parmigiano, grated
- some pasta water
Hi, my name is Loreto. My wife Nicoletta and I are food bloggers and our website is Sugarlovespices. It is here that we love to inspire people of all ages to start cooking. From traditional Italian to fusion cuisine, incredible baking, and so much more, we not only ignite appetites but bring passion to you to create wonderful food in your own kitchen! Come with us and let's get cooking!
Events like this
- Only 8 Tickets Left!