Torta Bertolina, Italian Grape Cake
This is a traditional Italian cake, made in Autumn, with a kind of small red grapes, sweet and aromatic. For maximum pleasure, there is a layer of grapes in the middle and one on top of the cake. Also, a dusting of sugar on top before it hits the oven creates a delectable, sweet, crispy top. A fragrant, lick-your-finger cake, perfect for dessert, snack, and why not, breakfast.
- 500 g (more or less) of Coronation or Concorde grapes, or any seedless small red grape
- 90 g butter, at room temperature
- 100 g cane sugar + 2 Tbsp to sprinkle on the grapes
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 60 ml milk, at room temperature
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 250 g all-purpose flour + 1 Tbsp to toss the grapes
- 1 sachet/16 g baking powder
- pinch of salt
Hi, my name is Loreto. My wife Nicoletta and I are food bloggers and our website is Sugarlovespices. It is here that we love to inspire p...