Continue to learn, grow and, bake, with the first ever Baking Class Sponsored by the Yonge Eglinton Centre Glow Series!
Join Master Baker Janna Vale in creating Mini Doughnuts
- Icing/piping tips
- Heavy pot for frying
- 3" round cookie cutter
-3/4" round cutter, such as a piping tip (Wilton 1M is a standard piping tip that is exactly this size. Otherwise manually cutting with a paring knife will work in a pinch.
- Rolling Pin
- Cooling Rack
Optional: Stand Mixer with Dough Hook
Required Ingredients (Not Included):
- 32oz full fat ricotta
- 1 egg
-2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
-2 1/4 cup flour
- Canola/ Vegetable or Corn oil for frying
Options for decor/toppings:
- Donut glaze: 2c icing sugar, 1/3 cup heavy cream, vanilla extract. Add cocoa powder to make it a chocolate glaze
- Chocolate Hazelnut Buttercream nests with mini eggs: 1 cup unsalted butter, 4 cups confectioners sugar, 3/4 cup hazelnut spread, 1/3 heavy cream, mini eggs, piping bag
- Chocolate Hazelnut glaze: 1 1/2 powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons Hazelnut, 2-3 tsp milk
- Cinnamon and sugar: 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- sprinkes, hazlenut spread, variety food colouring
Long before she graduated from Ryerson's Fashion Communications program (many moons ago), Janna has been the arty kid, getting her hands messy with whatever medium at her disposal. Aside from sharing her joy of art at local Paint Nites, Janna loves her some epic food and wine, gallavanting around the globe, and spending time with herfamily. If you need an amazing burger or Toronto food recommendation, she's your girl!
Events like this