Paint Nite: Ocean Love
The Original Paint Nite: Unleash your inner artist
For those of you who want to try something new in the comfort of your home (and pass the time of social distancing), we bring you the Virtual Paint Nite! In this twist on The Original Paint Nite, you can enjoy the experience you know and love right from your house, and still have the collective experience of an in-person event.
Go through the regular check out process, and take a look below at supply recommendations. Buy them online at the links provided, use your own, or support a nearby local business. Instructions for joining your live virtual event will be emailed directly to you. There you’ll get step-by-step instructions and a friendly face from the Yaymaker community bringing creativity straight to your screen. It couldn’t be easier!
Grab a snack, pour a drink, and hop on to our live video streaming service to make your unique masterpiece.
Stay safe & keep creating!
- source online, or support small local businesses, or use supplies you already have at home!
- Canvas - we'll be using a 16x20, but use whatever works for you!
- Acrylic paints - you'll need red, blue, yellow, black and white for this version, but feel free to bring your own unique colors into the mix.
- Paint brushes
- Paint palette - a paper plate, recycled cardboard or plastic will do
- Cup of water, something you can wash easily or dispose of
- Paper Towels/Napkins/Rags - to clean up our mess!
- Protective apron or old t-shirt to keep your favorite outfits fresh even at home
Melissa Borges is a gal from the Bronx who's been an artist all her life. She graduated with a B.A in illustration from Lehman college with abilities in painting, photography and ceramics. Melissa is also passionate about art, music & movies/theater, as it plays a fundamental role in her artwork. In her art, she enjoys incorporating emotion with dramatic textures and color. She is greatly influenced by impressionistic painters for their use of expression as well as modern painters that bring new ideas to the world of art. Melissa believes art is everywhere and enjoys discovering new ways of getting creative. She hopes to bring fun, laughter and her own innovative style to Paintnite!
She is so much fun, so helpful and an all around sweet person! She's good at her craft as well. Would love to take another class with her teaching it!
She was very bubbly and engaging. You can tell she loved what she was doing.
I really appreciate that she stayed on past the end time to get through the entire painting. It was a great time and lots of laughs were shared!