Sales Manager, New Accounts
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Private Events
Sales Manager, New Accounts
Yaymaker, from the creators of Paint Nite, hosts locally crafted events in 1,500 cities all over North America. By partnering with thousands of like-minded entrepreneurs and artists, Yaymaker gets people up, out & making at bars & restaurants in their neighborhood. Our one-of-a-kind experiences include the Original Paint Nite, Plant Nite, Design-A Sign, Flower Workshop, and Candle Maker, with more on the way. Give your week something to shout about!
Summary Job Description:
We are looking for an experienced sales leader to join our Private Events team. Our focus is to provide outstanding events for our corporate and group clients whether it’s a team building activity, a fun company event or a fundraiser for a favorite charity.
As the Manager of Outbound Event Sales, you will identify target groups, drive outbound calls and messages to designated prospects, and engage in a consultative sales approach to win new clients. You will work with your team of Inside Sales Reps to improve our close rate and offer to best customer journey. The ideal candidate will have strong sales DNA, is data driven and is experienced in training and managing successful sales teams.
You are the right person for this role if you are proactive, organized, can use data to understand market and sales effectiveness, and are able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Our flexible work from home schedule helps drive both balance and productivity. This role requires excellent sales management and communications skills as well as the ability to collaborate effectively with other departments.
- Drive event sales revenue (mainly corporate and group sales) by leading a team of consultants to close leads and up sell offerings.
- Partner with Marketing to increase awareness and capitalize on opportunities created and/or
- Analyze market conditions and track sales opportunities and progress through data
- Coordinate attending networking events and trade shows to capture leads.
- Develop and manage the team budget.
- Set and monitor sales goals for team in collaboration with management.
- Lead and manage a team of up to two Sales Consultants.
- Train and coach team to ensure strong performance.
A successful candidate would possess the following:
- 4 + years of related experience in sales preferably in hospitality/service/event/cateringindustry, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong sales skills required including experience with prospecting, cold calls, and negotiating
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office and CRM
- Strong leadership and people skills, plus the ability to work well within a team environment
- 2 + years managing and leading a successful sales team
- Ability to travel overnight at least 25% of the time required
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!