Location: Placerville, California
Department: Direct Operations
The Entertainers who host our creative experiences consistently “wow” customers across the Boston area! This role goes beyond teaching – it requires the perfect combination of performance and creativity colored by your own authentic style. As an Entertainer you are an extension of our brand; it is your responsibility to lead the party where people come together to escape the expected and share in fun, creative experiences.
- Be the MC / Host of both public and private Yaymaker events
- Clearly and concisely articulate instructions to guests so they can leave with a finished product that they’re proud of in ~2 hours.
- Manage the flow of the experience while providing individual support to guests as needed
- Work events for high priority groups such as corporate clients and private fundraisers, presenting a delightful and professional presence as our on-site company representative. These events may require a larger time commitment or additional effort to make sure clients have a superb experience with Yaymaker.
- Have the availability to work additional hours on special projects and operational support for the team as needed.
- Occasionally drive supplies to and/or from venues and our storage locker / warehouse, for which we compensate you hourly for the time you’ve spent driving. (only applicable if you own a car)
- Occasionally be scheduled to execute an experience solo, where you will be expected to maintain a high level of quality while entertaining up to approximately 20 guests.
- Train new Entertainers and Co-Hosts as needed.
- Engage guests using photos and social media.
- Occasionally work in the capacity of a Co-Host supporting another Entertainer at your Manager’s discretion or if a shift becomes available.
- Maintain a high average rating from customers in post-event surveys:
- Consistent weekly averages above 8.0
- 90-day average of 8.5+
- Submit monthly availability in our scheduling system for:
- at least 3 shifts per week
- at least 2 Saturdays per month
- Have the opportunity to work different Nite types, including but not limited to Paint Nite, Plant Nite, and Design-A-Sign.
- Cross-train in all Nite types and be willing to work both public and private events.
- Feel comfortable training new staff as needed.
- Be allotted 1 shift drop per month. Prior to scheduling, you are responsible for inputting accurate availability into our internal scheduling system. Once scheduled, you are responsible for ensuring your shift is covered if you are unable to make the shift; except if you are utilizing sick time.
- Be evaluated every 90-days to ensure you are meeting performance standards.
- Be scheduled for a minimum of 4-hours per event, and longer depending upon the type of event. If your shift is completed in less than 4-hours, you will be paid for a minimum of 4-hours.
- Significant level of subject matter expertise and skills in applicable field.
- Communication and performance skills
- A fun, confident personality! (calling all “social butterflies”)
- Comfortable with speaking publicly in front of a crowd (30-50 people)
- Ability to simplify and explain steps for completing art and other projects
- Minimum age of 21
- Ability to work the expected duration of the assigned event (or as we call it, an “experience”)
Length of time at events may vary. Listed below are the approximate work hours per event type:
Paint Nite Experience (w/ co-host)
Paint Nite Experience, Solo
Paint Nite Experience (50+ attendees)
Plant Nite Experience (w/ co-host)
Plant Nite Experience, Solo
Plant Nite Experience (50+ attendees)
- A car to get to events outside the city
- Daytime availability on weekdays (before 5pm)
Setting up and cleaning up events involves some physical tasks, so you must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds. You may need to push or pull supplies, tables, and chairs. You will also be required to stand for at least 4 hours. Possible additional tasks may include transporting supplies to and from events, which involves lifting and moving bins of up to 40 lbs.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!