Director, Relationship Management
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Partner Operations
The Director of Relationship Management will oversee the Relationship Management Team responsible the revenue growth and success of their local partners. The team leads the onboarding, support, communications, and market analysis of each regions, and the future development of local market. You will facilitate inter-department communications regarding any initiatives that affect the overall Community needs in an effort to ensure their business success and engagement with the brand. You will be measured on the success of each market as well as increasing our partners’ engagement and delivery against business goals and objectives.
As Director of Relationship Management, you will collaborate with other team members, as well as the VP of Partner Operations, and address obstacles/challenges that may be affecting the community or platform. Your goal will be to support the local partners in driving growth through a combination of analytics, strong process/operations and top-notch relationships.
- Manage, grow, and develop a team of 3-4 Relationship Managers (RMs), who serve as the primary point of contact for the Local Partners.
- Build relationships and credibility with local partners to help improve their businesses and overall business
- Partner with the Community Response Team who will engage in daily ongoing communications and relationship building with the local partner community.
- Use partner insights, gathered by RMs, to determine process improvements and recommend viable business solutions to better improve success of local partners
- Identify new information to be incorporated into the training and ongoing communications to external partners.
- Identify ways to optimize partner events and their markets to continuously increase revenue
- Work collaboratively with your fellow Partner Operations management team to identify project plans that will increase experience quality and sales through the local channel.
- Drive growth across local partners using insights, analysis and data on performance and market metrics.
- Partner across the organization on recruiting, training, onboarding and internal operations group to maximize overall team results. Partner with cross functional teams to drive change and improvements in tools or the local partners.
- Acquire and develop long-term relationships with key strategic partners at the executive (decision maker) level.
- Provide thought leadership to local partners and internally cross-functionally: insights on new services / products.
- Lead the cross-functional collaboration of engaging & relevant content and provide feedback for the “Unite the Nite” annual conference, as well as champion the distribution of the information communicated during this conference to all local partners across the platform.
- At least 8+ years of client, relationship or account management experience
- 5+ years of direct management experience
- A spirit of continuous improvement which embraces an orientation to service and relationship management
- Ability to be adaptable and resilient; can assimilate across different environments and move forward from through challenges
- A proven track record of learning
- An ability to develop solid partner relationships
- Strong digital and analytical skills so as to understand and interpret trends and data to make improvements
- Ability to evaluate all aspects of a situation before taking action, draw appropriate conclusions from data and take relevant and impactful actions.
- Strong writing, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Strategic thinking and analytical skills
- An ability to multi-task, and prioritize action items
- Ability to master and maintain a working knowledge of the clients’ business, competition, consumer and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field, master preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!