Senior Manager, Private Events
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Private Events
Yaymaker, from the creators of Paint Nite, hosts locally crafted events in 1,500 cities all over North America. By partnering with thousands of like-minded entrepreneurs and artists, Yaymaker gets people up, out & making at bars & restaurants in their neighborhood. Our one-of-a-kind experiences include the Original Paint Nite, Plant Nite, Design-A Sign, Flower Workshop, and Candle Maker, with more on the way. Give your week something to shout about!
We are looking for an experienced account management leader to oversee a team of event coordinators and specialists for all of our private and corporate events. Reporting to the VP, this role will be responsible for ensuring that all of our private and corporate events are well planned and executed, driving repeat business and growing accounts into multi-year, multi-experience accounts.
In this role you will:
- Lead a high functioning, engaged team of Private Event Coordinators and Specialists and determine team goals & objectives that drive best-in-class customer service.
- Hire, train, coach, and retain top talent within your team in alignment with department & territory needs -which includes:
- Monitoring the performance of team members based on annual and quarterly objectives
- Put SLAs in place that help measure KPIs such as Close Rate, Fundraiser Cancellation Rate and NPS
- Meeting with team on a consistent and individual basis to discuss performance and offer training/coaching/mentoring opportunities
- Remove obstacles to high-performance and ensure team members have all tools & resources necessary to excel in their assigned goals & objectives
- Building a healthy team culture where all team members exemplify our Company Values
- Drive sales so that all revenue metrics are achieved by measuring territory statistics, such as growth rate, % of sales types, sales by team member, etc.
- Find strategic ways to effectively retain and reengage existing clients to participate in new experiences, as well as to acquire new clients to drive new sales.
- Own the internal CRM and prepare regular reports and forecasting of current and future clients, and work to optimize use of the data for maximum efficiency of team members.
- Manage internal processes to ensure efficiency and superior customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Relationship Management Team within Partner Operations regarding any communication, collaboration, customer service and conflict resolution with local partners and venues.
- Collaborate with the VP of Private Events on improving Product/Tech features of our platform to improve team efficiency and minimize human error.
- 8+ years of relevant experience managing people and leading teams to success
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others efficiently
- A strategic mindset -capable of challenging the status quo
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Creative problem-solving skills
- A history of exceeding goals put in front of you
- Experience with MS Office Suite and Google Apps for Business
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time (at least 40 hours); talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
When you join Yaymaker, you will join a team that’s pioneering creative social experiences, supporting local communities, and bringing a little more positivity to the world.
Our part-time event hosts lead our locally crafted experiences in local venues and enjoy flexible work schedules. Full-time team members work out of our home office in Somerville, MA, and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off, a 401k with employer match, and 12 weeks of 100% paid maternity or paternity leave (to name just a few). Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, lots of snacks, and a fun-loving, collaborative culture that gets it done!